- Journalism, Public Relations, Business or Writing majors preferred
- Able to start immediately and work throughout the school year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum 15 hours a week
What's In It For You?
- Unique resume experience working for a start-up company
- College internship credit (if applicable)
- Letters of recommendation for graduate school or future employment
- Full‐time employment consideration (if you really kick tail)
- Flexible work schedule (working from home between classes)
- Educational Stipend every 3.5 months at a minimum of 15 hours a week
This internship is geared towards writing outstanding articles that will attract users to the Go Financial Aid website and blog. You will research relevant content, write an attractive article, and tell the world about your amazing work!
- Step 1: Content Research - There are thousands of keywords out there that people are typing in to find the products or services that Go Financial Aid provides. It will be your responsibility to discover these keywords, assess their competitiveness, and develop a strategy that will drive traffic to the content that you'll create.
- Step 2: Journalism - Now you'll write an online article based on your research. Once you determine which websites are coming up first on Google for applicable keywords, your job is to beat these websites by writing a better article with better content. You'll be surprised at the garbage that shows up on the first page of Google.
- Step 3: Public Relations - Once you've written your article, you need to make sure the world knows about it! Just because the article is written, doesn’t mean Google is going to magically find your article and display it at the top of search results. However, links from powerful sites are the best way to get search engines to recognize and reward your website. If you provide an excellent piece of content online and use your public relations skills to get it out there, you’ll naturally attract links from authoritative sources.
How To Apply!
Gather the following:
- Your one-page resume
- A cover letter that explains why you'd be great at this job
- Your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn link
- Three (3) writing samples
And email it all to: Andrew Reichert at firstname.lastname@example.org