Go Financial Aid, LLC
Attention: Privacy Department
336 4th Ave #23352
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2006
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Go Financial Aid.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and how we can help. This may include lifestyle information; location information; areas of interest; and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Go Financial Aid; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Go Financial Aid merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for Go Financial Aid Services, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Financial Information to include in financial aid applications, such as income, assets, expenses, business net worth, and other financial data.
- Account Login Information to warehouse any login details that you may want to store with Go Financial Aid, including third-party login details, or other external website credentials.
2. How Go Financial Aid Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information, Relationship Information, and Financial Account Information) when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase Go Financial Aid Services, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact Go Financial Aid.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or Go Financial Aid services.
3. What Are Cookies and Pixel Tags
Cookies are pieces of information that are placed by a Web site in a storage place on your computer. Cookies do not contain information that is, in itself, personally identifying. Cookies are placed on your computer in a limited way to help deliver advertisements, to calculate unique site visitors, and to track usage throughout our site. Other uses include placement of cookies to make the login process more convenient for users of Go Financial Aid Services.
Pixel tags - tiny graphic images – are used to help us analyze your online behavior. Pixel tags also allow us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us. We may use pixel tags to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our sites and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
4. How Go Financial Aid Uses Personal Information
Go Financial Aid uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with offers for Go Financial Aid Services;
- Facilitate orders for Go Financial Aid Services;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Provide customer support, including to our Partners;
- Fulfill requests for Go Financial Aid Services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Go Financial Aid and our Partners, such as Go Financial Aid news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms and Conditions or to comply with the law, and
- Allow you to apply for a job or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
5. When and Why Go Financial Aid Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Go Financial Aid) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 4 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Go Financial Aid Partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Go Financial Aid and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Go Financial Aid from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Go Financial Aid business partner, Go Financial Aid may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Go Financial Aid and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Go Financial Aid is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage Go Financial Aid Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our Partners or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
6. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best Go Financial Aid Services and services from our Partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “Login” section of the Site or sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Security of Personal Information
Go Financial Aid has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
8. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
11. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Go Financial Aid pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to email@example.com, or by writing us at the following address:
Go Financial Aid, LLC
Attention: Privacy Department
336 4th Ave #23352
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2006
Please allow 30 days for a response.
12. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information. In general, Go Financial Aid does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If in limited circumstances we do knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will do so only with verified parental consent prior to collection. In the event that we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe the Web site has any information about anyone under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.