If you are currently a college student/parent of a college student/recent college grad, you understand what I mean when I say there is a lot of paperwork to fill out and what seems like a never ending stack of papers you receive by mail from American Education Services and the banks that provide your loans. If you are just starting the financial aid process, you to will become all too familiar with the paperwork that is financial aid.
If you want to save yourself time and think you may need a little help, a financial aid consultant may be the answer. Financial aid consultants know how to fill out the FAFSA. They know these forms inside and out. Keep in mind that a mistake on your FAFSA can lead to your form not being processed. Remember, one mistake can cost you thousands of dollars.
Remember a financial aid consultant should always be willing to sign your forms as the preparer. If not, credibility may be a concern. Make sure you find a consultant with experience, reasonable fees, and avoid gimmicks. Contact your college; they may be able to tell you if they have had any trouble with a particular consultant. Do not let a consult encourage you do to anything unethical--the consequences aren’t worth it!
Financial Aid Consultants can:
- Save you the hassle of filling out endless applications and forms.
- Ensure you meet all deadlines.
- Help you search for loans and scholarships.
- Ensuring you receive all aid you are qualified for.
- Guide you through the process.
- Save you time and money by helping you receive financial aid.
- Determine if you are receiving a fair financial aid offer.
Financial aid can be tricky and cause a headache, but remember there is help.