Federal Work-Study provides part-time work for undergraduate and graduate students who have the need for financial aid. These programs allow students to earn money to help defray the costs of college. A majority of work study programs encourage work in a student’s major or provide a student with a community service opportunity.

On campus jobs generally mean you will be working for your school. If you receive an off campus work study this means you will be employed by a nonprofit organization. Off campus work study must be related to your coursework.

Now of course, you’d like to know about pay. Schools must pay you directly and at least once a month. You will be making at least minimum wage and depending upon skill level you may be making more. You can only work the amount of hours which will amount to the amount of federal work-study aid you are eligible for. Work will be flexible with your class schedule. Graduate students are paid by the hour or are salaried. Undergraduate students must be paid by the hour. The money can either be deposited to your bank account or used towards the cost of tuition, room and board, and other college expenses.

Categories: Financial Aid | Work Study
Tags: federal work study on campus work work study

Connect with Go Financial Aid in your favorite flavor!