How does financial aid work with divorced, separated, or step parents?


With divorce or separated parents, the FAFSA should be completed by the parent whom the student as lived with the majority of the time in the past year. In the event of remarriage, the step-parent is considered a family member and must complete the FAFSA along with the biological parent. If you fill you have a special circumstance, contact your school’s financial aid office.

Categories: Financial Aid Applications | FAFSA
Tags: fafsa fafsa submission financial aid requirements

Connect with Go Financial Aid in your favorite flavor!