How does financial aid work with divorced, separated, or step parents?


With divorced or separated parents, the FAFSA should be completed by the parent whom the student as lived with the majority of the time in the past year. In the event of remarriage, the new step-parent is considered a family member and must complete the FAFSA along with the biological parent. If you feel you have a special circumstance, contact your school’s financial aid office.

Categories: Financial Aid | Work Study | Financial Aid Applications | FAFSA
Tags: divorced parents fafsa parents signing financial aid application step-parents

Connect with Go Financial Aid in your favorite flavor!