Financial aid can come from the government or from an organization. What are the loans and grants that I can get from the federal government?


There are a few staples of federal aid for students.  some of these are:

  • The Pell Grant - This is the biggest federal grant available, and it's based on your financial need.  You must attend a school which participates in the program and maintain satisfactory grades, as this grant can be revoked if you do not.
  • The Stafford Loan - This loan breaks down into two types: subsidized and unsubsidized, and is also the most commonly received type of student loan. Financial need must be demonstrated in order to receive Stafford Loans. 
  • Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) -  yet another loan through the federal government, this loan is “federally guaranteed" to students who need it.

Categories: Financial Aid | Grants | Student Loans
Tags: ffelp loan pell grant stafford loan

Connect with Go Financial Aid in your favorite flavor!