Now that school is out for the summer, everyone is taking their separate paths. Maybe you are thinking about lying by the pool all summer, vacationing a lot, working, etc... If you have a computer, an internet connection, and a little motivation, you may be able to get a little more than just a tan this summer.
For some summer sessions may seem like a terrible idea: missed vacations, long hours sitting in classrooms while the sun shines around you, difficulty working class around a summer job, or simply not being able to lounge by the pool all day. For anyone who doesn't want to spend their summer in a classroom but wants to get ahead, consider online summer classes.
Why should you consider online summer classes?
- You can get ahead academically. With the convenience of internet classrooms, you can get ahead in your studies without sacrificing what you enjoy most in the summer.
- Cost. Taking online courses through a community college will get you ahead in school while keeping money in your bank account. The cost per credit at a community college is considerably lower than that of a four year university.
Things to consider before taking online classes:
- Will the credits transfer to your University?
- Are the credits comparable if not less in price than your University's cost per credit?
- Are you willing to make the commitment? Online learning does require commitment. Remember, you have no set time to be in class.